But the Mondays kept coming and I was still wallowing in sin. Or cookies. Or cake. Or Girl's Weekend fare. It is on this 23rd day of April I am rolling out my new plan: Operation Swim Suit.
I have to be in a bathing suit in 30 days. And I want to take pictures of our cruise! And I really don't want to feel like I have to hide from the camera. I am hoping that posting this on a public venue will give me some kind of accountability. It's on like Donkey Kong!
So, back I go, to my 8:30pm dates with the dreadmill. Oh my, I really didn't mean to type that. It must be my subconscious.
Among some other things, I just finished a bag for Ava's "Swimin Nessons". She loves to carry her grocery sack with her unmentionables and towel into the Swim Club each Tuesday and Thursday. It was convenient, being that the bags were free and they are great for a wet swimming suit after the lesson. I didn't really want to buy a bag just for her swimming stuff and I wanted a bag that could withstand a little water.
So on a recent trip to Walmart, I found this vinyl table cloth on clearance. I hoped my machine would handle the fabric and it didn't let me down.
On another creative front, Ava asked me to make her a magic wand. In my mind I could see the package of small dowels I've had floating around forever, that with some paint and glitter and ribbons would make a perfect wand!
Ava followed behind me as I fruitlessly looked all over the house. She kept explaining what it needed to look like. "Like a stick with a circle at a top! And I be a pincess!" She was excited!
After searching everywhere to no avail, I racked my brain for what else could work. I settled on a plastic spoon. I hoped she wouldn't be too disappointed.
And again I was reminded how easy it is to please a little child.
5 comments:
Good luck! Really. I love the swim bag and the wand is inspired. Ava suddenly looks a little older in these pictures. I can see a little girl face peeking out from the toddler.
You always have so much fun at your house. Ava is a Little Princess. Can't wait to see her! You guys are the awesomest!
You are too much! Can you exercise and be ridiculously creative and crafty for me too? THANKS!
You are such a craftster...I really want to make that dress out of a shirt for Emma...I guess I need some more motivation...How about I exercise for you (since I like it) and you can be crafty for me (since you are brilliant at it)...ok, its a deal!
You are so creative! Good luck with the "swimsuit mission."
Post a Comment