Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cat Pee and the Case of the Vanishing Comment

So Sophie peed on our bed as I mentioned last time. And it smelled A LOT. I doused it, "saturated it", as was instructed on the How To Get Rid of Things Blog . But Unbeknownst to me, while the bed soaked (for days) in 2 bottles of cleaner, Sophie was sneaking out from under her lair and PEEING MORE!


I realized it, finally, as the mattress was remaining wet and smelling worse not better. I had Dan help me take it off the box spring as I should have done in the first place and tip it up against the wall. When we did this, the light hit it just right and illuminated pee spots that I had not seen before. Almost the entire mattress had been hit! I hate that cat right now.




What it boils down to for me is this-I hate the idea of people getting pets because they look so cute and fun but then after a while they realize that there's too much work involved and they just get rid of it. I am not that type of pet owner. Or so I thought.



I did realize that I am not going to allow our house to be stunk up (real word?) by some cat with psychotic tendencies.

Here's what I decided-Finish cleaning the mattress. Encase it with plastic sheets. Put it back on the box spring, stinky side down. And if she goes on that bed (or anywhere besides her litterbox) one more time-it's over, she's gone.

So, I just finished getting the bed all back together this morning and now, we wait. I really hope she'll get her act together, because I don't really hate her. I just feel like I hate her. I love the stupid cat and I don't want anything to happen to her.


That's my worst fear now and it was when we made the decision to de-claw her. That day, in my mind, we symbolically said, we're going to keep her for the rest of her life. I couldn't stand the thought that someone would get her and either let her outside or put her outside. And even if I found some really nice person to take her tomorrow, how could I know that they would always keep her or be selective about who they gave her too?



So far the bed is dry and it's been about 4 hours. Please Sophie, use your dang box!


And finally, I seem to have lost a comment on my last post. How does that happen? It vanished without a trace. In my limited experience and knowledge, if a comment is removed by someone it leaves a big smudge saying, "this comment has been removed by the author" . But this one is just gone. In fact 2 were gone this morning and then one showed back up again on it's own this afternoon. But Val, have you seen your comment laying around? I can't find it anywhere. Weird. And in case you're worried I deleted, I didn't!

1 comment:

Leah said...

I know exactly how you feel about the stupid cat. I think the same thing all the time. Just the other day as Chris and I were discussing the possibility of Noah having allergies he said "maybe we should do the blood test and then we can know if he is allergic to mold or dust or the cat. And then we can get rid of it." And the cat is HIS! Anyway, I know exactly how you feel.