Sunday, August 10, 2008

Dermabond and Sunday Sermon



Staying true to his Toddler Boy status, Baby Luke took us for a ride to the Urgent Care.
From down the hall I heard a thud and the kind of cry that turns your stomach because you can tell from the first breath and wail, that something is really wrong.



He tripped and sliced his forehead, right above his eye on the entertainment center, which resulted in our first, and unfortunately not likely our last, experience with Dermabond skin glue. I was really glad they didn't do stitches, because just the sight of them makes me sick.



He was checked out by our pediatrician the next day and seems to be healing fine. They said we won't be able to tell how it will scar for 6 months.

Unrelated, but worthy of update, is the fact that our bed smells fresh as a daisy and Sophie has not relieved herself anywhere but her litterbox since. Hooray!

And my little Sunday Sermon happened yesterday, while I was feeling pretty peeved that I had agreed to go out with the Sister missionaries. I'm too scared to do missionary work and yesterday was a busy day. Some Saturdays we are dreaming up things to do but others, like yesterday, had filled up on Monday.

Anyway, I was on a negative thought train, all focused on how I didn't want to go, it was so inconvenient, etc. As I left, Dan told me something, about bringing in the spirit, and I replied that I didn't think it was possible because I was too ornery.

But I picked up the Sisters and drove them to their appointment, where I had such a strong feeling of the Holy Ghost, where I was able to participate in the lesson and bear my testimony. It was wonderful and just what I didn't know I needed. I was reminded of the idea that when I am feeling the most like I don't want to pray, or don't want to read the scriptures, or don't want to go out with the missionaries, those are the times when I need it the most or may find the most benefit.

4 comments:

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I'm sorry to hear about Luke accident. I'm so glad that he is fine now.

Leah said...

Poor kid! Remember that Christmas when Chris found out about dermabond? I have been so lucky with my boys so far. Cross your fingers for me that we stay ER free (unless dad is home). And hooray about the mattress! Those random expenses seem to pop up out of no where! I love you guys can't wait to see you in Sept!

i i eee said...

He's wearing his lil' tie-dyed shirt. :)

His poor little head. Glad it wasn't too serious.

Don and Robin Cooper said...

Bless his heart! I know the feeling of terror when your kids get hurt. As for your missionary moment, I'm not surprised. You've always had a wonderful spirit about you! You can't help but share your testimony in all you do. Love you guys! :)