I really want the girls to have a great experience at camp this year. For most, this is their first year and if they can have a positive experience from the get-go, all the better for helping them want to go in the years to follow.
I had a love-hate relationship with camp as a Young Woman. And as a leader I am anticipating the same. I am excited for every thing except one, which I will hate. I hate the heat. The heat makes me feel ornery and not nice. I will be saying lots of prayers for emotional stability.
But I love the cooking, the eating, the talking, the campfires, the singing, the hiking, the crafting, the swimming. And I love the girls.
I know that in the setting of nature, surrounded by the beauty of God's creations and removed from the busy world of concrete and text messaging, it is easy to feel the spirit. I hope these girls will feel it!
But in all of my excited anticipation of camp, I overlooked how much I am going to miss this,
this,
and this.
3 comments:
Have fun at camp!
That picture with Ava is so precious. Keep it handy and whenever she is driving you bananas pull it out and smile!
Bug spray and sunscreen! Have a great time. Also, I'm a little bit jealous.
love the pic of you and Ava! Oh, and good stinkin' luck with girls camp...maybe I would like it more as an adult! I hate bugs, tents, being hot...yeah all the bad things!
Post a Comment