Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Tag-o-rama

I have been tagged from a few directions recently. I have a hard time keeping up so I am going to devote an entire post to them. I even remembered one I forgot from months ago, so here it goes.

5th Folder Tag
My friend Karen, tagged me for this one to post the 5th photo from my 5th photo folder, because she likes my camera and pictures. I am sad to disappoint her because this is from my very first digital camera and is a not a very well composed picture of my child. I don't think I take pictures of much else. So here is my 5th folder photo:

May 23, 2005 Ava's Birthday. 5 tiny pounds and 6 ounces of love.


Speaking of Ava, she got tagged by my friend, Claudia.
Ava
Name and meaning: Ava- means like a bird , Elise-means consecrated to God
Age:nearly 3 1/2


Nicknames: "Betty", Ava girl, Love Baby, Pie

Favorite Activities: Pretending to be a princess, dancing, singing, playing outside, preschool

Favorite Foods: macaroni and cheese, pizza, peas, broccoli, candy, "meat sandwiches", cold water with "fibeice" (five ice) in it.



Least Favorite foods: She discriminates food by texture. She does not like eggs, "salad" (lettuce), things that are too squishy, or ice cream with "stuff" in it.

Favorite toys: princess dresses, baby dolls, blankets.



What makes her happy: her daddy, Luke, sometimes me, getting surprises, playing with "nice" friends, animals (except Sophie who is "mean")

What makes her sad: being closed in a room (hates the door closed, unless she does and wants it that way), anyone being "mean or ugly" to her.


Additional things I love about Ava: I love that Ava is so sensitive. And she is sensitive in every sense of the word. Her feelings are always on her sleeve and she can sense how others are feeling very easily, she is aware of when the mood in a room changes, and she is empathetic beyond her years. She can explode with fear, anger, sadness, frustration at the drop of a hat, but in return can give love, appreciation, concern, excitement, and joy at that same capacity. You can't change her mind. She is hard to categorize, sometimes difficult to manage, but usually easy to love.

Crazy 8
I can't help but think about the Young Women I work with now and if we will keep in touch as they get older. This tag came from a special lady who knew and cared about me when I was 12 and 13 years old. Bless her heart. I still keep in touch with "Sister Cooper". Love you, lady!

8 favorite TV shows:
1. Project Runway
2. Amazing Race
3. House Hunters
4. The Office
5. Jon and Kate plus 8
6.So You Think You Can Dance
7.American Idol
8. Ace of Cakes


8 favorite restaurants:
1. Perry's
2. Pei Wei
3. We don't
4.get out
5. much.
6.oh yeah,
7.Bajio
8. and Cafe Rio


8 things that happened yesterday:
1. woke up
2. didn't clean
3.picked up the van from the repair shop
4. had lunch with Val and company
5. worked on Dorothy dress for Ava's Halloween costume
6. went to a pumpkin patch for FHE
7. ate Subway for dinner
8. fell asleep watching TV

8 things to look forward to:
1. Halloween
2. Thanksgiving
3. the weekend
4. our next cruise
5. Luke going to nursery
6. Christmas
7. "baking day"
8. sleeping in


8 things I love about Fall:
1. chill in the air
2. I really
3. really
4. miss the
5. leaves changing
6. colors
7. jackets
8. cider


8 things on my wishlist:
1. serger
2. sewing table
3. new clothes
4. crockpot
5. new lens
6. to be skinny
7. and still eat whatever I want
8. my family to all live in the same place


8 people I tag:
1. You
2.You
3.You
4.You
5.You
6.You
7.You, too
8.Anyone who wants to


My friend Tara tagged me for this one ages ago. It was when I was realizing how many I had let pile up, that this one came popping into my head. And since Dan teased me today that our blog should be called Big EAL, I think it is very appropriate to do this one about him, even though it's about both of us.

My Sweety...


1. What's his name? Daniel

2.How long have you been married? 7 years this December

3. How long did you date? 1 year

4. Who eats more sweets? me

5.Who said I love you first? Dan inadvertently did on our first Valentine's Day. He gave me a stuffed animal and a card that both said "I love you" (though he didn't notice apparently). Later that night I said, "I love you" and he said it back to avoid a scene on V-day. The next night I said, "I love you" and he said nothing. I was embarrassed and decided to never say it again unless he said it first. Finally, a few months later he said it and meant it.

6. Who is taller? Dan

7. Who can sing better? me

8. Who is smarter? depends who you ask. I think we're pretty close.

9.Who does the laundry? me

10. Who pays the bills? Dan

11. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Dan



12. Who cooks dinner? me

13. Who drives? me

14. Who is more stubborn? me

15. Who kissed who first? it was a mutual thing

16.Who asked out who first? Dan finally asked me. After emailing everyday over Christmas break and saying flirty things, when I returned to school Dan ignored me for a week before finally getting the nerve to ask me out.

17. Who proposed? me, about 3 times, literally. Finally he consented.

18. Who wears the pants? We each get a leg.

And if you've made it this far, you now know more about us than you'd probably like. And I now hereby tag anyone and everyone who read this and wants to do it.

4 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

I love you too Little Mama and have tears in my eyes now after reading your sweet words! :) You were so fun, energetic, and such a delight to work with. I am not surprised you are a devoted, loving, and smart Mama-just like your Mom! You and Leah are so blessed to have such beautiful families. It's so fun to read about your life adventures and your families!

Val said...

That pic of Ava is so gorgeous! You must frame it! Seriously, I'll be mad at you if you don't.

Claudia and Glenn Walker said...

I loved Ava's picture! I love your answer for favorite restaurant haha. You are very funny. I'm happy for Daniel that he was included this time :) Well I didn't know his name is Daniel what a surprise. I might add the wish list to my blog too. Maybe Glenn can finally get the right gift and not just gift cards.

Castaneda 5 said...

Hey Elise! I am a blogger now! Glad to see you on here!