
I took advantage of having enough helpers to stay home with Ava and accompany me and Luke on our picture taking extravaganza while we were in Dallas.
As a fledgling 2 year old, Luke is extremely hard to get pictures of. I got alot of him running and spinning and climbing. He could hardly stay still. But I guess then, these pictures are truly indicative of his nature at this age.
In the past few months he has become a slave to his fear of separation. He never seemed to mind much before, but more and more lately, and now to the extreme, he clings and cries in new situations or places where there are alot of people.
He screams for the babysitter and insists on being held the whole time we are gone. I am positive that he weighs 40 lbs. He's asleep right now or I would go weigh him. When he wakes up, I will, and if 40 lbs. is a lie, I'll edit this. Anyway, he must be held by the babysitter and cannot even bear to look at her face. He just keeps his head on her shoulder the whole time. It makes for tired arms.
And sadly, he has started to do this in nursery too. A place he formerly looked forward to is now his nightmare.
I just hope this phase passes quickly. He is too heavy to hold and too cute to see sad.








I wasn't optomistic about these pictures as I was taking them. But they didn't turn out as poorly as I thought.
And once I've gotten home and seen them big on the computer, I realized that my most favorite picture of Luke to date was a simple snapshot I took after he munched on the cake decorations.
I think it's nearly the cutest thing I've ever seen.
Are you ready for this?
Really, if you don't think this face is the essence of cute, then you have no heart.
Are you really ready? Brace yourself.
You should probably click on this to make it big.

Happy Birthday, Big Boy!
4 comments:
You both "did good"!
great photoing!! They are so tough at that age...but you got a great camera for the job!! Will you be our photographer in UT?
You're right - it was worth the extra click. That is one darling (and big) boy!
Oh my, I love that boy! I hope he'll remember me. :(
Post a Comment