I started with Ava's skirt first and barely had enough time to throw Luke's shorts together. And yes, I am very aware that I didn't match the plaids on his shorts. I was just lucky to get them done!

Ava loved her skirt and I am sure it was mostly due to the ruffles.

And Luke's shorts were too big (better than too small I guess!) mostly due to the lack of sufficient elastic (I pinned them!). We'll probably be seeing them again next year.

We celebrated Luke's birthday as well. I stole my sister, Leah's idea for the cake. It was really fun to make and turned out pretty cute too.

Luke had fun snacking on all the decorations as we were putting it together.
He loved being sung to,

and he loved eating cake and ice cream!

He played with each gift as it was presented to him.

He can now add a toy garage, ginormous legos, some new trucks, a new puzzle, and soon some new trains, to his toy collection. Thanks, all you present senders!

We decided to lay low that night and watch the fireworks from a distance on Mom and Dad's balcony. But once they started up, Ava kept saying, "let's go ober der!"
So in a split second decision, Mom, Ava and I hopped in the car and made it just in time to see some a little closer.

I had fun playing with my camera. Next year I might make it a priority to have a tripod...


All in all we had a lot to celebrate and a lot of fun doing it!
4 comments:
Love the cake and good job on the fireworks pictures. Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you too!
Love those plaid shorts and the skirt! You are so talented!
I love the plaid skirt and shorts! What do you mean the plaid doesn't line up? Is it supposed to? I think they look great! Like I've said before I hate that I didn't even know you were making these and they just suddenly appear via the internet. Not fair. Guess I'll have to get used to it. Can't you just call me and tell me every little thing you're going to do before you do it? The cake is adorable too. You're just too damn talented for your own good. Stop it, already.
I'm glad we went "ober der"
Post a Comment