Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Part 1-Fish and Feathers

We're back from our adventure and while I am tired enough to sleep for 17 days, I figure I better get to going on these or I will never, ever catch up. Problem is, that I took over 400 photos which causes me serious angst in trying to narrow things down and cram things in. So in what is sure to be a series, here are some highlights.

First of all the odds of the every-two- years-Abbott-Family reunion coinciding with the annual Colton family reunion, in time and place were astronomically high, so the fact that they did and we were able to attend both was a real treat.

In our too-quick weekend with the Colton side, we did a little fishing.


As you may recall, I only catch sharks so this pond was a little too small for me. It was, however, the perfect place for a little girl like Ava to try her hand. Dan's uncle was kind enough to slide a worm on her hook and get her all set up.


She enjoyed it for a few minutes before she abandoned her pole for more pressing issues.

I'll give you three guesses to see if you can tell what she is doing.


Can you tell yet?


Now?


What's that? You guess she is collecting duck feathers and stuffing them down the front of her dress?



You're right! How did you know?!

Meanwhile, as Ava continued to stuff, the rest of the group continued fishing in vain,


they just weren't bitin' that day,


Grandpa Don caught a few Zzz's,




and Luke went home with a bad case of the terrible two's.

3 comments:

Don and Robin Cooper said...

What a treat to visit with both families! Ava and her duck feathers...too cute, sounds like something you and Tara might have done back in the day! :)

Oh...and check out my blog...I WON something on a freebie website!

Kellie said...

The twos must be contageous - we've had a pretty serious case at our house. We're heading out to Tom's family cabin for the Bogardus reunion next week and I fully expect pretty much everything you just wrote, minus the duck feathers. :)

Val said...

I stuff my dress with duck feathers all the time. What's weird about that?