And it was a boy! I was so shocked about that, because I had felt so certain that the baby I was carrying was a girl.
With the help of the ultrasound tech, we checked him out from head to toe. All the pieces and parts were there and all seemed in order. I couldn't take my eyes off the screen and I watched with awe as my little baby squirmed and wiggled and even sucked his thumb.
After feeling so much guilt about my lack of excitement and mounting worry over his impending birth, I left the office that day filled to the brim with joy, shock, and awe. And that felt good.
Now this little man has really entered our family. And I couldn't be happier about that. He has all his pieces and parts. And from a mother's eyes, he's absolute perfection to me.
I watch him squirm and wiggle and now with increasing frequency do this:
And this:
So cute right now, perhaps not so cute in a few years.
5 comments:
He is adorable and getting so big!
Noah is going to be turning 4 with a thumb that is quite loved...don't know what or when I will do anything about it! Good luck with that cutie-can't imagine you trying to deprive him of anything he might want!
Ack! That melts my heart into pieces.
I think he looks like a Colton! :)
Thank your lucky stars I didn't steal him and bring him home with me. Next time you may not be so lucky...consider yourself warned. I will, at any given time we are together, try to steal your baby.
Done with aristocratic pinky curl!
Post a Comment