Monday, October 29, 2007

Garage Sale!

This Saturday we had our very first garage sale. The neighborhood has restrictions on these and this was the designated "Neighborhood Garage Sale" day. Our offerings were very meager but we had a couple of items we wanted to get rid of. Like the ugly couch that was so generously given to us by Mike Storm when we moved to our first unfurnished apartment. It's been sitting in the garage since we moved into our house and it was time to go! So we drummed up a few other items we didn't want and figured we make couple bucks in the process.



Notice the sign on the couch says "FREE". It started out saying "$5" but when we caught wind of how the sale was gonna go, we got desperate.



I think our garage sale would be classified as "unsuccessful". I sold one shirt for 50 cents. But then I went and bought a dresser from our neighbor for 5 bucks so we ended the day with a net loss of $4.50. Not bad.

Ava woke up after we were already started, ran over to the box of toys, pulled out a stuffed lamb that was hers to begin with and says, "Thank you for my new lamby!!" She enjoyed shopping at our garage sale even if nobody else did!



After about 2 hours, we gave up, loaded our stuff into the truck and took it to the GoodWill. While our day was monetarily unsuccessful, it did make we want to keep cleaning out my closets periodically. I am really enjoying the motto, "A place for everything, and everything in it's place." Now we'll just have to see how long I can make it last!

1 comment:

dishes and laundry said...

The computer that I'm looking at has some funky settings on it - eeryting looks stretched very tall. In the top picture, Dan looks like he's 7 feet tall and Ava looks like a kindergartener.

We've done garage sales over the years, some good, many bad. The very best one was when we were selling all the baby furniture and clothes, etc. I think we made around $350-$400 - we bought the trampoline.

Hey, a dresser for $5 is awesome!