Thursday night, my dear friend Tiffany came with her two boys Corbin and Carter to spend the night. In the morning, we went to Galveston.
Ava loves the beach, no if's, and's, or but's about it. Ava was excited!
This was Corbin and Carter's first trip to the ocean. Corbin was excited!
When we arrived, we set up camp, and the wind tried it's hardest to rip our umbrella out of the sand.
It was also lunchtime so we tried to get some food into hungry tummies, but we severely underestimated the manpower needed to corral two babies on the beach, plus handle the two toddlers.
Luke and Carter crawled around making a mess of themselves and dining on sand-dipped graham crackers. Yum!
Corbin, it turns out, decided the ocean was not all it was cracked up to be. He was terrified! Poor little guy! He'd scream bloody murber at the mention of going to the water.
What do you think of those eyelashes? I know I'm jealous.
Meanwhile, Ava pretty much has the funnest dad on the planet. (At least I'm sure she thinks so!) I just love these pictures.
After a few fun hours we packed it up to head home. Ava was still happy and once in the car remembered that she was hungry!
And a few minutes later, Ava succumbed to slumber as well,
Thanks for the fun day, Tiffany! And for being such a good sport!
And perhaps tomorrow after I upload some more pictures, you will see the misery of a child who plays on the beach when not adequately sunscreened. Maybe I will call it "Little Tomato" and I won't be talking about the garden.
9 comments:
Ohhhh! I want to go to the beach. I took pictures as it snowed here again! But I can't stand to look at them. I love the beach. Don't give up on Corbin yet. We had some late blooming beach bums in our group but now there just as much bums as the rest. Invest in the spray sunscreen it's worth every penny you have to pay extra. We had never made a trip to the beach without some one getting burned till I got that stuff. So easy to reapply even when sandy.
How many times do I have to come to Houston before I get to the beach? It must be a lot cause I have never gotten there for all of the Scholes' time there and now the Colton's----I'm getting ANXIOUS! You are looking great Tiffany! All the kids are keepers I'd say! Nice high kick, Dan!
FUN! My favorite pic of the bunch is of Dan prancing in the waves!! Was he by chance singing at the top of his lungs like he does at the mall?? :)
Yup, Dan dancing in the waves is the best shot. Looks like you had an absolute blast.
I've used the spray on stuff and after last year I vowed to go back to the old school rub on kind. I just kept missing too many areas - I think I was using it sparingly because of the cost,LOL.
Elise,
I was so happy to see you post on my blog. I had to find yours to respond! What are you guys doing in Houston? We are in Austin, but are buying a house in Dallas and moving next month! E-mail me: benandkarenj@yahoo.com
-Karen Johnson
I love that you guys do things regardless of how crazy they could be! Life is meant to be lived and you do it so well!! Thanks for the great example and inspiration!!
Not that going to the beach in and of itself is crazy, but with kids...you know what I mean, right?
Yay! that looked like a lot of fun. Poor Ava I just saw the other pictures with the sunburn. Poor little thing. I'm so glad you got to see Tiffany and her kids. When I read about Luke it just reminds me a lot to Ian he does love sucking Nicky's toes too. What a funny kids:)
I must say that I envy your ability to get posts on your blog so fast. I have been terrible with keeping mine updated. I will refer my family to your blog for now. I had a blast at the beach even if my boys did not. I have been wanting to go forever too! I really miss seeing your mom, I love her comments on your blog and on mine. Thanks for the fun time LIKE ALWAYS.
Post a Comment