On our last trip I found it, Tikki Tikki Tembo. One of my favorite books of all time. I can remember so clearly, my mom reading it to me. That one, and Little Black Sambo, which is very hard to find because it isn't very politically correct. (side note: Mom, I just looked up Little Black Sambo, the Little Golden Book, and it sells on Amazon starting at $82. Ye-ouch! We should have saved it!)
So speaking of our trip to the library, we checked out some DVD's along with our books this time. As we are getting in the car she says she "wants to hold her boobies". "What?!" I ask. "My new boobies". Oh, her new movies. Got it.
And speaking of Ava saying funny things, we have been on a public bathroom tour of the Greater West Houston area for the past few weeks. Somewhere along the way, she picked up the word "Yuck". Couldn't have been from me, I LOVE public bathrooms! But where ever she got it she uses it frequently for descriptions of food, people, and places. The funniest to me is when she is having a full blown fit about anything and she rolls around saying, "Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!" That's kind of how I feel about fits too!
And one more, she often asks me, "Mommy, what my am doing?". Like today on the computer at the library she was trying to color Elmo, but couldn't quite get the hang of using the mouse. And she looks up and asks, "Mommy, what my am doing?". "I have no idea, Ava". Oh, and she loves her aboons (Balloons).
And in conclusion, Luke is doing fine. At least he appears as fine as he did when he was apparently very sick, but I think the nebulizer is loosening things up for him. He's a trooper!
2 comments:
Hehehehe - so funny!
I remember Little Black Sambo. Weren't his parents Black Mumbo and Big Black Jumbo? Yeah, I would imagine that it's not a mainstream book anymore.
Love the movies/boobies phrasing. I hate checking out the boobies from the library - the late fee is $1 a day! I need a library that's closer to my house and more on the way to other places!
I remember the public bathroom tours!!! Sounds like you guys are keeping busy and getting to know the area well.
Glad little Luke is doing better!
Hi, this is Linda. Wendy and Rachel are helping me set up an account so I can post comments on your blog. I really enjoy reading your stories!
Post a Comment